How to apply for Turkish citizenship , you should purchase a property (one or more properties) with a total value of over $ 250.000.
The valuation must be done by an expert and the money should be brought to Turkey by customs or bank account in the last 6 months before the application.
The seller must be a Turkish citizen and all the money should be paid by a bank account.
1. Choosing the right property The first step would be choosing the right property to buy.
Our team of experts will be searching according to your search criteria and make sure to source the best possible choice available.
You’re not limited to only one property.
It’s possible to invest in multiple properties. read more about Turkish passport
2. Property valuation and the appointment for the title deedAfter deciding the right property to buy, the progress of expertise and appointment for the title deed signing procedure takes about a week.
While buying a property with the purpose of acquiring Turkish citizenship,
one should tell title deed officers that the aim of the purchase is to acquire Turkish citizenship,
so that title deed officers put gloss (exegesis) to prevent selling this property for 3 years
How to Get Citizenship in Turkey
3. Receiving the Certificate of Conformity and the Investor Resident documentsAbout 15 days after the purchase, title deed gives you “uygunluk belgesi” (certificate of conformity) which allows you to apply “yatırımcı ikamet belgesi” (investor resident document),
just after the latter, you can apply for appointment of Turkish citizenship. The application rendez-vous might be given after about 15 days.
Besides property documents, there’ll be the following documents required;
the translation of the applicant’s passport, birth certificate and the marriage certificate.
4. The final step of getting your Turkish citizenship After the application rendez-vous, it takes about 45 days to get Turkish citizenship.
The last step of the procedure is giving fingerprints and getting your Turkish citizen ID.
The whole process takes two and a half to four months altogether.
As Turkey Expert,
we’ll be carrying out the necessary paperwork and assisting you every step of the way.
Benefits of Turkey Citizenship
- Full citizenship granted following background check plus Turkish
- Citizenship and Passport delivered quickly within 3-6 months only.
- You can both have a solid investment with regular income and at the
- same time you can obtain one of the most sought citizenships in the World.
- Visa Free Travel for 148 countries
- No Minimum Residency Required
- Ownership of one of the Top 30 Passports in the World
- Turkish passport has 10 year validity and is renewable for life
- Turkey Identity Card Included
- Full free medical assistance for life, for all family members included
- No need to declare your wealth
- Turkey allows Dual Citizenships
- No Military Service required for TCBI Applicants
- Pension Programs Included
- Free Education and University Reimbursement Plans are provided
- Future Access without visa to EU, 26 Schengen Zone Countries
- One of the best climates in the World throughout the year
- Muslim country offering democratic and safe environment for family
- Eurasian country with a hospitable and welcoming manner to foreigners
- Fantastic natural environment Excellent food and rich cuisine Superb Superb Health Facilities (better health services than US and EU)
- Superb Educational Facilities
- High Quality of Life Full
- Prospective Visa free travel to EU
WHY BUY REAL ESTATE IN TURKEY?
- Wonderful climate throughout the year
- Muslim country offering democratic and westernised lifestyle
- Safe and happy environment for the family
- Very hospitable and welcoming manner to foreigners
- Easy to do Business
- High GDP per capita
- Strong, Independent Legal System and Courts
- Fair Tax System
- Perfect location nestled between Europe, Asia and the Middle East and Africa
- Excellent food and rich Turkish cuisine
- Superb Health Facilities
- High Quality of Life
- Opportunity to relocate and live in Istanbul, one of the most beautiful and developed towns in the World or any other part of Turkey
- Due to recent depreciation in Turkish Lira, it is the perfect time to invest in Turkish real estate market and at the same time obtain the citizenship for all family.
- Superb Educational Facilities
- Fantastic natural environment
- Regional Powerhouse
- One of the largest and strongest economies in the World
- G20, NATO Member
- EU Candidate Country
- Prospective Visa free travel for Turkish Citizens to EU (Schengen zone) soon
- Easy to obtain long-term, multiple entry visa to EU, US, Canada, UK and Australia for Turkish citizens
Turkish citizenship by investment
A foreign national may apply for nationalization if he or she meets all of the following conditions;
1. Applicant should be in the age of majority or can apply through his legal elders.
2. Have been resident in Turkey for five years without interruption.
3. Applicant should have proving documents of residence purpose in Turkey; you may check below purposes:
– Acquire have property in Turkey
– Establish a business in Turkey
– Invest in Turkey
– Moving to Turkey for commercial activities or businesses
– Working in Turkey with work permit
– Marry a Turkish citizen
– Be a close relative to a person who had previously obtained a Turkish citizenship
– Having completed education in Turkey
4. Having a disease constituting an obstacle in respect of public health.
5. Be a responsible, reliable person.
6. Be able to speak a sufficient level of Turkish.
7. Have income or profession to provide for maintenance for himself/herself and his/her dependents in Turkey.
8. Have a respect to national security and public order.
The files will be examined and you will have an interview. If the commission approves your application, send the file to the Ministry of the Interior. The decision of citizenship acquisition is given by the ministry. If decision negative, the file sent to the governor.
Required Documents for Turkish Citizenship Application
Requirements of citizenship in Turkey for application:
– Original of the passport or other documents certifying citizenship of applicant. Or if the applicant is stateless, documents certifying applicant’s statelessness.
– Birth certificate
– Residence permit
– Documents confirming first time getting to Turkey, how many time getting out of Turkey and all time living in Turkey. (stamp in passport, residence permit original and photocopy)
– If married, the official documents confirming the identities and family ties of the spouse and all underage children. (marriage license, birth certificate for children’s)
– If you have any Turkish relatives – a copy of the Turkish id and address in Turkey.
– Confirmation of income
– Certification of applicant’s ability to speak Turkish (a certificate will be issued by Turkish consular section upon a successful interview with the applicant)
– 4 photographs taken in last 1 month
Frequently Asked Questions about Turkish Citizenship
Question: How to apply for citizenship in Turkey?
Answer: The acquisition of Turkish citizenship applications can be done by applying for citizenship in Turkey to the governorship of the place of residence in the country or to the foreign affairs office in abroad which can only be done by applying in person or with the special power of attorney. Applications made by email are not acceptable according to the citizenship in Turkey policy.
Q: How can I get Turkish citizenship directly?
A: If you buy property/properties 1 million USD worth with a condition that you will keep it on your behalf for 3 years, you and your first-degree family get Turkish citizenship directly. This is the fastest way!
Q: How do I learn in which stage is my application process after I submit my application for Turkish Citizenship?
A: You can get information about your latest situation from Republic of Turkey Ministry of Interior official website by entering your file number or identity information.
Q: Can I get information about the Turkish citizenship number of foreigners?
A: The identity card given to foreigners in the Republic of Turkey is 11 digits and starts with number 9.
Q: How long does the process of acquiring citizenship take?
A: The process is within a reasonable time if all the required documents are complete for the citizenship application. Otherwise, the time varies if there is any missing information.
Q: Is it possible to gain Turkish citizenship depending on the mother or father?
A: According to Article 1 of the Turkish Citizenship Law No. 403 Turkish citizens born from the mother or father have the right to acquire Turkish citizenship.
Q: My Turkish Citizenship application was rejected can I re-apply?
A: Under the terms and conditions of Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901, you can re-apply to the governorship of your place of residence again.
Q: Is it possible to keep Turkish citizenship while retaining the citizenship of another foreign state?
A: Yes, if you fulfill the required conditions for another foreign state citizenship, you can still maintain your Turkish citizenship as well.
Q: Is it possible to get a Turkish citizenship by getting married to a Turkish citizen?
A: After 3 years of marriage to Turkish citizen and while living in Turkey you can apply for a Turkish citizenship.
Q: To get a Turkish citizenship for how long I should live in Turkey? In this period for how long I can be outside of Turkey?
A: Uninterrupted residence is defined in the article 11 of the Act 5901. Accordingly “an alien who applies for the acquisition of Turkish citizenship should live in Turkey for 5 years and may stay abroad without exceeding six months within the residence period required for the application. Each calendar year you have to stay in Turkey for 185 days.
Q: Where I can get my residence permit?
A: You can get a residence permit from the provincial police headquarters or Police Headquarters.